finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Monday, July 11

Tea Party Baby Shower

My sister and niece hosted a lovely baby shower in Fort Worth for Peanut and I this last weekend. Stephanie has always done a great job planning parties (see here and here) but I was really impressed with how much food prep and baking she did to prepare for this one. I have hosted a tea party before and think its one of the hardest kinds of parties to host since there are dozens of miniature foods to prepare. Stephanie's food was delicious and the decorations were beautiful!
Since we are waiting to find out the gender of Peanut, the party was all about shades of yellow and tan- which I love! The nursery bedding is also a yellow gingham :)
the spread of delicious food
follow the links for recipes

fruit salad
vegetable tray
melt-away cookies
lemon-raspberry cookie sandwiches
lemon cheesecake squares
chicken salad sandwiches on wheat bread and croissants
mints
cake balls
strawberry bread
dried cranberry shortbread hearts (delicious; like a scone)
lemon drop wafers (my favorite!)
carrot tea cake

some friends from college
Amanda, Katie, myself, Amy and Kristen
my niece and nephew
Jenni and Joshua
wonderful presents--a great blessing to receive!
me and the bump ; )one of everything :)favors

A special thank you to all of my friends and family that came to this shower and made it a special time for David and I. You have each added to our joy during this treasured time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment