finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Saturday, September 4

Jenni Mouse

My sister and her husband recently had a Minnie Mouse party for their little girl. Stephanie shared with me all of the fun things she did to make the party special!


the invitation

Stephanie made these invitations based on a tutorial she saw here
the birthday girl's apparel
Stephanie made the shirt. She cut the outline of Minne's face from black fabric,
ironed it onto a white t-shirt and then added a pink polka-dot bow!
My mom made the skirt using cotton fabrics, thick rick rack and an elastic waist band.




the table
Stephanie made all of the paper products for the party.
-banner, invitations, water bottle wraps, cupcake toppers, napkin rings, & place cards-
She used computer graphics, colorful card stock and thin pink ribbon for an accent.








homemade sugar cookies
tutorial




Are you looking for more Minnie Mouse party ideas? If so, check out:

Second Street
bonus: site includes tutorials for each of the handmade items
Minnie cake, party hats and birthday outfit, and favor bags




Heavenly Blooms
flowers, hats and picture frames
I LOVE this flower arrangement.
I love flowers in general, but I think this is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!
the site gives instructions on how to put together this centerpiece




The Party Animal
ideas for cookies, favors and invitations


Catch My Party
ideas for chocolate candy pops, pom centerpiece and a banner



Bakerella
Minnie Mouse Cake Pops
just lovely



Other Fun Ideas

Last week at the grocery store I saw some cheddar cheese that was packaged in snack sized Minnie/Mickey mouse face cut-outs. It would also be easy enough for you to do that using a small cookie cutter. It would also be cute to cut fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, apple slices...) into the Minnie Mouse face shape.

I have also seen sandwiches that are cut into fun shapes. If you used a large Minnie Mouse cookie cutter you could cut into sandwich bread to shape like a Minnie Mouse face.

Happy Planning!




1 comment:

  1. Hello I'm looking to do recreate the invites your sister used but I'm having a hard time find the pink with white polka dot paper that she used (I'm using the tutorial link you posted on how to make the invites). Can you please let me know where she got the paper and what size she used? Thank,

    ReplyDelete