finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Monday, September 6

Pop Star!

Happy Birthday Pops!

my dad with his sons-in-law

Today is my dad's birthday and I am excited for him to have the day off from work to celebrate. He is turning 50 and we are all so excited for him! These are pictures of a little party we had with him. My mom decorated the table. I love the birthday table runner!




And, even though it is a bit of a pun... we made pops for Pops. To top some cupcakes we made little pops signs to wish him a happy birthday. This is a tutorial to show you how!

First, I purchased a scalloped paper cutter from a local scrapbook store. The one pictured was about $25. I used it to make the birthday banner. I also have a smaller scallop cutter that I used for these cupcake toppers/lollipop signs.

To cut the non-scalloped circles, you can use di-cuts or cutting tools available at craft stores. I used Creative Memories tools that I have. Also, gather the supplies pictured above to create the lollipop signs (duct tape, scrapbook tape, lollipop sticks, a marker and paper)


I glued the scallop on top of the larger circle and used a sharpie to write messages. If you are looking for a more sophisticated/professional/fancy final product, try a fun font or computer software to jazz up the image on the scallop.

attach the stick to the topper

Waaa-la!!!

It's simple, fun and cheery!
Now, go love on those you know with birthdays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment