finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Thursday, February 9

Freezer Meals for the Crockpot- Update

A while back I found a couple blogs via pintrest with meals that could be prepped and frozen to later cook in a crock pot. Talk about 2 birds with 1 stone! I've been looking for more freezer meals and more crock pot meals!

This Wednesday I went grocery shopping and Thursday I prepared 5 different crock pot meals. One was for dinner tonight and four were made into double recipes, frozen, and ready for a future date.

I followed the directions on this blog and found them to be very thorough and helpful. It only took 3-4 hours for the food prep and now I have 8 meals in the freezer! I recommend gathering all of your ingredients into groups (veggies, meats, canned goods, spices) prior to starting and having a trashcan near your chopping station for the veggie trash, empty cans, and meat packaging.


Teriyaki Chicken

Healthy BBQ Chicken
*April 2012 update: we were not super fans of this meal. It is not bad but it is also not particularly good. We also did not care for the aroma it filled the house with...

Beef Stew
*April 2012 update: This reminds me of boeuf bourguignon. I liked it.

Savory Vegetable Beef Soup
*April 2012 update: This was my favorite of the bunch and I will certainly make it again. It is a nice and simple beef soup and great with a peanut butter sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment