finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Monday, March 12

Dessert Party


Some dear friends of ours, the Kahlden's, are moving to Houston.

To celebrate lots of sweet memories with them we hosted a Sweet Sendoff!
We invited lots of their friends and gathered together to send them off to a new adventure.

For decor, I thought bright colors would be pretty. So, I picked up some cute polka dot napkins and yellow plates at the store and decided to make a polka dot table runner to complement the party wreath I'd made for Gavin's baby dedication. I had some bright dotty scrapbook paper that I used for signs and cones and bright circles wrapping paper that I used for the popcorn box.

Best of all, at least for me, was looking through my assortment of platters and finding silver and glass platters with a rolled ball edge! Silly, yes--but I loved how the polka dots filled the party! (Even the sucker favors were a ball!) I can't say enough about how much fun it is to host a party filled with things you find around your house. I put together our New Year's Eve party the same way, and it was such a thrill to find things that worked well together on the fly! And, with this party- I was giddy about how cute I thought it turned out!

Since this was a Farewell Party I decided to incorporate goodbye words into the names of desserts we served. For instance, I had Bye Bye Brownies and Sayonara Snickerdoodles. And, to prep for a party full of baked goods I made quite a few things ahead of time and froze them to bake later. I will post some details about freezer cooking and party planning in the future.
Welcome Station

Desserts
for recipes, follow the links

Adios Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Bon Voyage White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Sayonara Snickerdoodles
Hasta La Vista Lemon Bars
Arrivederci Peanut Butter Kisses
Parting Pecan Bars
Ciao Caramel Popcorn
Cherrio Cheesecake with fresh fruit topping
Bid Adieu Beverage Station
Farewell Favor Station
I set out some cellophane bags for guests to take home desserts. Then, at the end of the party I plated leftovers for G and I to take to neighbors today.


Kaleb running away with a cookie. I think their little man had more treats than anyone!
Family PictureMy guys in coordinating outfits!!!
We wish the best for our friends, and look forward to visiting them in H-town!

No comments:

Post a Comment