finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Thursday, April 12

Babies are a Hoot

I helped host a baby shower for my friend Jana a couple weekends ago. It was wonderful to honor a friend and her special new arrival! For this shower each host crafted things to both decorate the party and the little one's nursery!

Jana, the Guest of Honor!
The Hosts: Kristin T., myself and Kristin M.
some of the Party Girls
DecorationsI used a "cross-cut wood plaque" and owl stencil from Michael's; I was inspired by this.
The mantle was decorated with a super cute banner and blocks that one of the hosts made. She cut the blocks and then attached scrapbook paper, letters and pictures of the couple with modge-podge. One side of the blocks says "baby" and the other says "love". So super cute!
I used Whole Foods Sonoma Chicken Salad recipe (I love it!)Worms? Of course! It was an owl-themed party!One of the hosts made these super cute tissue poms!
We asked guests to sign the back page of In My Tree (a children's book about owls)
Using felt and embroidery thread I put together a set of little owls for the nursery!
Games: Wishes for Baby, Ghanaian word match, and Due Date guessing
I made all of the printables for the party excluding the food labels. The food labels come from a line of free printables from Pottery Barn Kids by TomKat Studio; also, the "Wishes for Baby" printable was modeled after this.
For favors, one of the hosts had the great idea of making refrigerator magnets. She modge-podged scrapbook paper onto clothespins and attached magnetic tape to the back. Simple, useful, and great!

No comments:

Post a Comment