finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Sunday, April 22

Baked Beans Blunder

I enjoy cooking and one of the ways I try to serve our church family is cooking for families with new babies, recent hospitalizations, deaths in the family...

Anyhow, on this particular day I was cooking for a few different groups of people and decided to use the chicken tortilla soup I had made a froze a few days prior. So, the night before, I pulled out the container of frozen soup and let it thaw in the refrigerator. The next day I made cornbread and put together salads, desserts and toppings for the soup. Everything was packaged and in bags when I went to ladle out the soup. I opened the container and it was... baked beans! Not tortilla soup! Argh!

I normally label everything but had not labeled the soup since I had made it for this very purpose. And, unbeknownst to me the baked beans were in a matching container, also unlabeled, by my dear hubs.

No, I did not make the soup at that late hour. I picked some up at La Tapatia (excellent tortilla soup) and headed out with G for deliveries.

Lesson learned: label everything that goes into the freezer! Duh! Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment