finding ways to use cooking, crafts, and hospitality to be a blessing for others

Saturday, April 14

Vintage Wall Art

A few months ago I went ahead and hung empty frames in Gavin's room with the hopes I'd soon find a vintage picture book with artwork that I liked. A few weeks ago, after a trip to Half Price Books I found an old book called Little Boy Blue (by Daphne Hogstrom, Golden Press 1966). I loved all the images of a little boy playing and the vibrant blues and greens in each image.

For this project, I carefully removed pages from the book, cut them to size and centered them on fabric that coordinates with his room. Finally, I machine stitched the pages onto the fabric. I really like the end result and may continue decorating his room with book pages in the coming years!
The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment